Periodically, we send information and updates to customers to assist in maintaining their Bi-Cutter screenless granulators. If you have an email address, we would appreciate it so that we may send the information in a timely manner. Please email Tina Dafoe at firstname.lastname@example.org so that she may add you to the list. Please note that we do not give this information out to anyone- it is confidential.
It is very important to keep the Bi-Cutters in safe, good working order. By maintaining it properly, you will reduce overall costs and preserve the quality of regrind.
At NPE 2006, we introduced the “Bridge-Buster” hopper. Several customers have now installed this option on their existing equipment and are very satisfied with the results. The “Bridge-Buster” hopper is used to eliminate the bridging of slightly larger runners. Please see the enclosed insert for more details or contact us.
Our optional ceramic hopper magnet has been in the field for a few years and has had positive feedback. It is used on the lower hopper baffle to help prevent metal entering the cutting chamber. Customers’ have saved maintenance time and money with this easy-to-install, inexpensive option.
We now have a surface grinder fixture available for the Bi-Cutter screenless granulators. This fixture helps reduce time involved in sharpening the lower stationary cutter.
SERVICE TIPS: Here are some general, helpful tips from our service department. Always review your service manual for complete instructions.
- Periodically clean your machine out completely. Specifics are in the service manual. It is especially important to use shop air to remove particles from the Teflon ring on the upper shaft. When material is lodged in this area, it will cause the Teflon to prematurely wear. A worn Teflon ring increases the chance of bearing failure.
- When removing the casting doors, always replace the shim rings on the upper door rods. This will help the door work properly.
- Keep one extra sharpened stationary cutter on the shelf. By doing this, you will always have a sharpened stationary available at all times. Send the “old” one out for sharpening and then put it on the shelf for next time. Minimizes down time.
- Rotary cutter sharpening is now available. Minor repairs may also be completed.
Customer feedback is very important to us. Our best enhancements have been because of customer feedback. Please contact Tina Dafoe with any suggestions you may have for us.
We appreciate your business. Please remember that if you have any questions or need help, please contact us.
GENERAL: Preventative maintenance should be performed every 3 to 4 months. Refer to your service manual before completing the following preventive maintenance procedures.
PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE PROCEDURES
**Remember to always disconnect power source prior to completing the following**
- Inspect all cutting teeth surfaces for wear, damage or adjustment.
- Stationary Blade – Keep a sharp, keen edge by surface grinding. A sharp stationary blade will give you a better-quality cut and longer blade life.
- Remove gear reducer cover (opposite the motor side) and lubricate with Special Moly Multi-Purpose Citco brand Premium Lithium E.P.-2 Grease # 655212 or equivalent.
- Inspect electrical cord and connections for excessive wear, looseness or corrosion.
- Inspect the safety switch, hopper support brackets, safety pin and safety mechanism.
If any problems are noted, please contact our service department.